Sunday 15 August 2010

Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness

This blog is about being nice. It's also about sharing what I have with others. It's not about working myself into the ground doing things I don't enjoy. So please accept what is here as a Random Act of Genealogical Kindness, and understand that I will update this site as and when I have time, energy, and resources!

Just so it is understood, the data that I share here has come from various websites, and a lot of research on my behalf. It is patchy at best. I CANNOT go to Record Offices or wade through cemeteries for you, so please don't ask me to. However, if you have a query, or have come to a brick wall in your own research, feel free to leave a comment, and I will see what I can come up with. I am also forever on the lookout for free websites that are family history orientated, so feel free to pass those along as well.

I do not intend to step on anyone's toes, and I am sorry if I do appear to do so. That is not the intention of this site. I just like to help where and when I can.

About me:

I have been working on my own (and a couple of other peoples) family trees now for about 10 years. It is something I enjoy doing when I have time. I find it a very useful way of learning geography as well!

No comments: